The Big Day, and See You Later

Monday, August 18

Today Yarden starts "school", her nursery day care. It's a great facility that Dick and I were fortunate enough to visit earlier this summer -- professional, caring, secure, and all those good things. Aliyah and Seamus are very organized this morning: instructions printed out for the caregivers, clothing and equipment assembled, breast milk bottled and stored. I'm impressed, but surmise they will realize soon enough that not every morning departure will go as smoothly.

I wish I could say that I took a picture of this momentous occasion, but I couldn't. I come undone, although I promised myself I wouldn't.

So I have a suggestion for future farewells for all of us with children/grandchildren who live a distance away. My cousin and his beautiful family, who live in Costa Rica and visit the States frequently, simply say "see you later." It's better than "goodbye", and it's true.

This is the end of the blog. (Sorry, Rosaline, you will have to find another daily distraction). Thanks to Seamus and Aliyah for creating this beautiful child and for sharing her with me for one whole week. It was a chance of a lifetime! And I leave you with one more photo. You should know, Yarden, that Grammy -- and Da, and Bubbe and Grandpa -- will always be there right behind you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grammy's Spring really hasn't sprung.